Lucas Jellema reports from JavaOne 2007
On the Amis technology blog Lucas Jellema reports directly from the JavaOne conference 2007 with various posts on many different topics and interesting new developments :
- A post that concisely introduces SDO, SCA and XForms and includes a discussion on the current status of these technologies as well as an expression of some of the author's personal opinions.
- In The Future of the Java Technology Webtier Lucas Jellema addresses the (expected) future enhancements of JEE 6 (slogan: "ease of development", which is about time!). To get you interested and excited, it discusses servlet 3.0, JSF 2.0, REST web services, AJAX, Comet, feeds, scripting and the Sun Web Developer Kit.
- Lucas' own presentation: What every Java developer should know about BPEL.
- Lucas' opinions on what "is hot, what is lukewarm (either heating up or cooling down), what is still in the fridge and what is on its way out" in Winners and Losers, well… Stars and roadies.
- A comprehensive writing on Java JMX, including past, present and future.
Amazingly, between attending all the JavaOne sessions and writing of his posts, Lucas still pulls it off to write even more posts, on his favourite topic: SQL. This time it concerns a series of posts on the SQL chart palette. And then finally we read in this post
that he was wondering whether he would be considered a geek; luckily he drew his own conclusion, exempting me from doing it for him
11:36PM May 14, 2007
by Zeger Hendrikse in Java & J2EE |